Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Two in One Week -; pancakes and ramen

 Two in One Week -; pancakes and ramen

H had been jonesing to try The Original Pancake House since reading a rave review about the Dutch Baby served there. On Thursday morning, after teaching for the three earlier days, he convinced me to go out for breakfast. I needed convincing because it is not my practice to eat heavy carbs in the morning. But, it was a cloudy day with nothing else on the agenda.

The first surprise, at 9:15 am - was an almost full parking lot, and a waiting area with 16 people in front of us and a completely full and very noisy dining room.  We sat in chairs along the wall perusing the menu. Each item had its calories listed - 900, 1200, 1800!!!  The bottom of the menu mentions that 2000 calories is the recommended daily number.  I was frankly a little put off with the idea of consuming much at one time.

When we were finally seated, we were able to see the plates being served. Everything was enormous. We ordered a dutch baby, served with whipped butter, powdered sugar and lemon sliced, and Nebraska Corn Pancakes for me - I love corn and these were only 780 calories. H added corn beef hash. I was truly astonished to be served NINE full size pancakes. I ate 2 and a half and they made three more breakfasts. The d b was big enough to feed our family, dense and eggy - H's is better. So - all in all, lots of leftovers. H is still wanting to go back to try the crepes - the size of a small train tunnel. At least, after seeing the size of the servings, I understand the enormous calorie counts, but who in the world can eat nine pancakes?

$44.50

On Saturday evening we returned once more to NOA to try their ramen. Excellent as expected.

$46

No comments:

Post a Comment