Monday, August 3, 2026

Thien Hoang with family

 Thien Hoang Vietnamese  July 26

It started with a question about an old favorite restaurant - Thien Hong, which closed during the pandemic. It was a favorite family treat to go there for salt and pepper squid; garlic eggplant and other rotating favorites We would order vast quantities and bring lots home with us. On a recent drive-by, I noticed that it appears to be open once again. When I googled it, I discovered what turned out to be a related place, with a larger, but similar menu. 

So, in celebration of Joanna and Justin's birthdays, we all, including Levi, met there for dinner, and ordered similar versions of personal faves.

Clams first, were plump and excellent. The squid was tougher than it should be - not as good as Thien Hong. Excellent Chow Fun, my favorite and Crispy Eggplant - deep fried in rich sauce. Lots of rice - all in all - a fun meal, but not as good as I'd hoped - but reminiscent of past pleasures.


7 of 10




No comments:

Post a Comment